[aprssig] D700/D710 data port

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Mar 31 15:36:18 EDT 2008

I was afraid of that.  Guess maybe I'll just stick to GPS data only for
now.  I know there's some interest in the marine world as well.

I'd considered a D700 control head hack, but I don't like the idea of
people having to pay a premium for a radio with a bunch of fancy
features that I then have to kludge around.  That's why I went with the
DR-135... it's not fancy, but it's affordable and the integration is
cleaner.

I'm still looking for a source of 5-pin mini-B USB cables.  The extra
conductor normally isn't used and it's hard to find anything appropriate.

Scott
N1VG