[aprssig] Considering buying a D7 - Some Basic Questions

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 07:55:53 EDT 2008

hey, no problem, no animosity or stress here.  Brian's answer is
correct, in one context.  I just wanted the original poster, who
evidently wasn't familiar with the equipment, to understand what was
in the box when you buy the radio.  I personally was quite confused
when I put a partly dead battery on the factory wall-wart to charge
while monitoring traffic with the radio on, and found the unit
completely dead at the end of the day.

IIRC, someone (I don't remember if it was this list or another, I've
slept since then) stated that the D7/factory wall-wart combo was so
low-current that it could be floated indefinitely without damaging the
battery.

I've replaced the wall wart and factory ni-cd with a Batteries America
battery and drop-in smart charger.  That and a 17" eye-poker antenna
(Comet SMA-24) does wonders for the D7.

-Jason
kg4wsv