[aprssig] Icon for a SUV

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Fri Mar 28 11:09:53 EDT 2008

Bill N9TN wrote...

> The Icon for an SUV is 'k' together with a '\'
> How do I change the following packet to change the icon to an SUV?
> N9TN-1>APRS,qAR,N9TN-VS:=3349.13N/11153.55W- my message from Carefree
> AZ!!!

Change the overlay (between the lat - long) to \ and leave the symbol
after the long as a k... i.e.

N9TN-1>APRS,qAR,N9TN-VS:=3349.13N\11153.55Wk

What device are you using that you have to enter it manually?

Also, N9TN-1 was most recently connected to CORE-2, and currently N9TN
is connected to CORE-2. The recommendation is that end users should be
using one of the Tier 2 servers with the filtered port 14580. Every
end-user that we can move from the CORE to Tier 2 will help lessen the
stress on the core servers. Strangely, http://second.aprs.net:14501/
doesn't show what the port 10151 that you are using is meant for.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH