[aprssig] Protcol convertor

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Thu Mar 27 11:41:33 EDT 2008

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008, Andrew Rich wrote:

> Gudday
>
> I have been given the task of understanding a serial to ethernet box.
>
> It runs unix and has daemons.
>
> It has a very detailed API spec.
>
> The docs outline the API system calls.
>
> So what do you do ? My experience extends to Visual Basic API calls.
>
> Are UNIX ones the same ? You aim a command at a port on a running daemon ?
>
> This box is supposed to compress 16 RS232's down to ether.
>
> It wouldn't just pump out data ??
>
> Cheers
>
> Andrew VK4TEC

There are a myriad of different implementations of 'serial to ethernet',
so you'll have to give us some more specific information.  Make/Model?
Application? - Do you want to Telnet across the net to a serial device?
Do you want a 'virtual' serial port on your local machine to talk to  the
real serial port & device on your serial concentrator at some remote
location?

--
Rick Green, N8BJX

                                   -Benjamin Franklin