[aprssig] pgm for TH-D7 to create .kml ?

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Wed Mar 26 14:42:51 EDT 2008

Corey KB9JHU wrote...

> In this specific case it wasn't digipeated at all, wasn't transmitting
> on 144.39, we just left that in the kenwood as a filler. No need to
> raise an alarm.

OK, but you did say... "I've attached the log from one of our flights".
Even if you weren't on 144.390, it was worthwhile raising the point in
case there are any other "lighter than air" types listening. Of course
it applies to airplanes too and from time to time, I've seen planes with
long paths (starting with WIDE1-1) go zipping by, but the ones at 30,000
feet don't hang around for very long.

Curt raised a good point about OpenTrackers that can do profile
switching based on altitude (and many other things less balloon
specific) but I would still argue for no path (or just WIDE2-1) above X
feet for a high altitude balloon while agreeing with his WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1
below mountain-top level.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH