[aprssig] LCD in the car

Chris Rose kb8uih at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 22 13:57:04 EDT 2008

Michael,
Thanks for this posting.  The laptop I have needs a
new battery.  All the power it will get is from the
AC/DC adapter plugged into it.  When I tell the OS
(XP) to shut down, it shuts down and the only thing
that will turn it back on is to push the on/off switch
on the laptop case.  If the computer isn't in reach
(The way I want it to be) I need to have some way to
remotely turn it on after I shut it down or there is a
power glitch that turns it off.

Chris
KB8UIH