[aprssig] 8 hour Backup Power Rule

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Mar 17 14:43:12 EDT 2008

For radio equipment alone, that doesn't seem too tough.  I've got a
couple of 84 AH marine deep cycle batteries that are my main radio power
backup.  Those will keep the TS430 running for a while.  I have yet to
try charging them from the DC output on the generator, though.

The only time I've *ever* gotten any decent DX with my current setup is
when we had a widespread power outage earlier this year.  I fired up the
rig on battery power, and heard more than I've ever been able to get
before.  Guess the cheesy dipole isn't my biggest problem after all!

Scott
N1VG