[aprssig] Hand Held Game Systems as APRS Client ?

Jason Rausch jason at ke4nyv.com
Sun Mar 16 13:55:25 EDT 2008

--- William McKeehan <mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net>
wrote:

 Has anyone played with using some hand held video
> game system (like the
> Nintendo DS or Playstation PSP, etc.) as an
> interface for APRS?

I have always been interested in this.  I started to
look around for dev kits and other information a while
back and I did come up with this:

http://www.msh-tools.com/GBA/gbagps.html

This at least proves that serial comms are possible
with the Nintendo Gamboy Advanced.  There used to be a
really good dev environment called HAM, funny enough,
that allowed you to write code in C and even design
sprites and graphics for programs.  I never got that
far with it since I did'nt have a USB cable and
flashable cartrige to play with.

Still an option today.  The GBA can be had now on eBay
for as little at $30.

Jason KE4NYV
RPC Electronics
www.rpc-electronocs.com