[aprssig] Re: Bob would be proud

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Mar 15 21:49:18 EDT 2008

> We are trying to train some folks to use PSK31,
> so we needed a radio simulator. ..

Yes, I use this in our "communication labs".  But I only use 10 10k resistors.  The audio output of every laptop goes via a 10k resistor to a single tie point.  That tie-point then goes back to the input of every laptop sound card.  In addiion, I pipe in live audio on another 10k resistor from an HF rig.

Then the students are all seeing what is on 14.070 AND they can all key up and join the fun and talk to each other too (though nothing goes back out on the air)...

Bob, WB4APR