[aprssig] Data cable for Garmin GPS V

Rich Garcia k4gpsc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 20:19:59 EDT 2008

I have never used a HamHUD but I hooked up my GPS V for the first time in
years this weekend when I installed my new D710 Kenwood. Funny thing
considering the GPS V is not the latest GPS, never thought it would do it
but I connected the data in to the Kenwood's GPS data out lead and after
setting Waypoints to 6 characters my small monochrome GPS started plotting
APRS stations.

Way too small to be usefull while driving but it was still interesting to
the Data in is more than for just the DGPS option.

Rich