[aprssig] MixW "twist" correction question

Alan P. Biddle APBIDDLE at UNITED.NET
Mon Mar 10 09:53:54 EDT 2008

MixW has a nice tool to fix the "twist" in TX and RX tone amplitudes due to
audio filtering.  However, in order to use it, you need to be able to see
the relative high and low frequency tones.  With most hardware TNCs, there
is a tune/calibrate function which keys the transmitter, and then you can
toggle between the tones, usually by taping the space key.  TNC2 and
DSP-2232 for instance.  This makes the adjustment a snap.  Is there a way to
do this in MixW?  Unfortunately, the Tune command only gives you a single
tone.  I can send a string of characters while looking at a scope from the
service monitor, but it is inexact, to say the least.

I have asked this question on the MixW forums, but so far, not responses of
any sort.  Perhaps someone here has stumbled on the solution since MixW is
so popular with APRS users.

73s,

Alan
WA4SCA