[aprssig] HF APRS Transceiver

Leonard Revelle n9ij at comcast.net
Fri Mar 7 15:41:39 EST 2008

You need the transmit audio circuits to produce the transmitted  
packets. SSB is usually used for this at HF so you should look at  
their single-band SSB rigs. I think you will also be limited to 300  
baud packet below 28 MHz.

Len Revelle N9IJ
n9ij at comcast.net

On Mar 7, 2008, at 1:46 PM, Eric H Christensen wrote:

> I've been trying to find the answer to this question for a few days  
> but you can't find good electronics answers anymore.  I'm hoping  
> that there will be someone on here that has more/better electronics  
> experience than I.
> MFJ makes a "cheap" CW-only HF transceiver that is for single bands  
> but does allow a small amount of tuning within that band.  What  
> extra circuitry is needed to connect something like an OpenTracker+  
> to this type of transmitter so it will transmit 300 baud packet?
> 73,
> Eric W4OTN
> _______________________________________________
> aprssig mailing list
> aprssig at lists.tapr.org
> https://lists.tapr.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/aprssig

More information about the aprssig mailing list