[aprssig] Symbol for packet digipeater

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Tue Mar 4 23:17:05 EST 2008

Bob Bruninga wrote:
>> What would be the correct symbol to use
>> for an object representing a packet
>> digipeater that is used for general packet,
>> not APRS?
>>

> Good question.  I drew a blank on that initialy.  But before APRS, all packet nodes had disabled digipeating as a bad hing in favor of NODE operations.  I notice that the APRS symbol set has defined /n as a "node" and that is what conventional packet nodes are... but when I check APRSdos, it doesn't look like I evre drew one.
>
> What do Some of the other clients use for that /n symbol.
>
> I would make it a start just like the APRS digis, but probably make it a different color to show that it is not on APRS normally.
>
> Bob, Wb4APR

The default symbol as used in the Rev H symbol set derived from KH4G's
original symbol set (which is used by UIview, APRSplus, and Findu is two
concentric circles with a black dot in the center.   See standard symbol
set here:

     http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/APRS_symbols.htm

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com