[aprssig] Symbol for packet digipeater

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Mar 4 21:33:33 EST 2008

> What would be the correct symbol to use
> for an object representing a packet
> digipeater that is used for general packet,
> not APRS?

Good question.  I drew a blank on that initialy.  But before APRS, all packet nodes had disabled digipeating as a bad hing in favor of NODE operations.  I notice that the APRS symbol set has defined /n as a "node" and that is what conventional packet nodes are... but when I check APRSdos, it doesn't look like I evre drew one.

What do Some of the other clients use for that /n symbol.

I would make it a start just like the APRS digis, but probably make it a different color to show that it is not on APRS normally.

Bob, Wb4APR