[aprssig] Stream/Water Gauge

Ray McKnight shortsheep at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jun 30 23:23:38 EDT 2008

I don't know what accuracy you are anticipating, or long term
reliability.
In the oceanographic world, water depth (or the reverse, stream
"height")
would normally be measured by something like this:

http://www.paroscientific.com/transducers.htm

Series 2000 or 202BG.
But beware, these critters are over $5000.

I just sold eight high precision depth gauges for ocean current study,
You missed your chance!  The deeper the installed depth, more pricier
These things get.  I'm sure you can find cheaper ones, although less
Accurate and reliable.

You might also consider a simple hygrometer which can be installed
At various locations to alarm when water is first detected.  Those
aren't
Too expensive, but not very accurate.