[aprssig] CQ Field Day!

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Jun 30 17:05:07 EDT 2008

> ... APRS can now do global CQ's. CQ FD works via
> the centralizeed CQSRVR application written by AE5PL.
> http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/CQFD.html

We made about 30 APRS contacts using CQSRVR.  The highest number
of users logged on that I saw was 15 at one time..  My FD site
was margnial, but packets started getting reliable in the
evening and I did a lot better with my D7 APRS field Day
station.

I wonder if Pete can garner any statistics from the CQSRVR?

You can see my messages logged by FINDU at:
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/msg.cgi?call=WB4APR-4

The public display of APRS was entertaining to visitors.  We
were set up right in the middle of tourist meca at Annapolis,
City Dock.
See photos:
http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/field-day2008.html

Bob, WB4APR