[aprssig] GPS Jamming On The Rise

Greg D. ko6th_greg at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 29 18:28:25 EDT 2008

Interesting...  So, for us Hams to assist in this sort of DF'ing, all we need is an ICOM R3 receiver?  Are there any other portable receivers capable of covering the 1.7 ghz part of the spectrum?  My Kenwood TH-F6 tops out at 1.3 ghz, as does my old ICOM IC-R7000 receiver.  I figured we'd need to create something custom...

This seems too easy...  Are there jamming sources that aren't as easily detected by a hand-held scanner?

Greg  KO6TH

p.s.  I also experienced the Garmin reverse-jamming scenario.  The solution was to wait (8+ years) for my GPS-III to wear out - the display is getting multiple stripes of bad pixels across it- and replace it with an eTrex Vista HCx.