[aprssig] APRS in Iraq?

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Wed Jun 25 08:12:43 EDT 2008

I was arranging to ship a batch of OpenTrackers there a while back, but that didn't go through - there was no real network in place at the time as far as I know.  I have friends in the Green Zone (one of them is sitting next to me here in Dubrovnik at the moment) but not hams.  Sounds like there's a lot of jamming anyway, so it might not be terribly usable.

If you do need hardware there, I can ship by DHL or through Lebanon, or to an APO mailbox.

Scott
N1VG
  _____