[aprssig] Price of New VX-8

Drew Baxter droobie at maine.rr.com
Wed Jun 25 04:28:44 EDT 2008

I haven't heard anything lately but I saw somewhere (eHam or
something) that it would be 300-350.  The bluetooth module is already
priced at 80 and the bluetooth headset is priced at 100 from what
I've seen online.  Not sure how 'hard' these prices are, but it's
what I've seen online.  The bluetooth module is only for bluetooth
headsets, unfortunately not for GPS.  As it goes, I'd be more likely
to want to own the speakermic with GPS, depending on how many
hundreds it costs.  ICOM's isn't cheap for their DStar handheld..

Universal Radio says 'late July' is when they expect it.  I saw
somewhere else that the Europeans will be waiting until October.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/ht/0008.html

I check the FCC database constantly in hopes of finding the
information.  At best I've seen the Bluetooth module and the new
Bluetooth headset in there.

I hope someone else maybe can fill in the blanks if they have better
information.

--Droo, K1XVM