[aprssig] Kenwood D-700?

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 22 14:03:45 EDT 2008

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 14:52:47 +0200
> From: Kai Gunter Brandt
> Subject: Re: [aprssig] Kenwood D-700?
> Cc: Kai Gunter Brandt
>
> Jason KG4WSV skrev:
> > Yes, there is a power on/off command.  I can't
> find the original
> > reference, or any notes or code for the device I built
> do
> > automatically control power for me.  I think it's
> something like "PS
> > 1" or "PO 1" to turn power on; use 0 to
> turn it off.
> >
> > If you can't find the actual command anywhere,
> email me and I can
> > (eventually) hook up my little box to a computer and
> get the string.
> >
> > -Jason
> > kg4wsv
> >

> just to repeat myselves ;o)
>
> The command to send is "AI 0"
> You probably have to send CTRL+C if the TNC is in CONVERSE
> mode before
> sending the "AI 0"
>
> But theres no "Power Off" but you can send the
> commands:
> TOT 0   (set auto power off to 3min [the lowest value])
> APO 1,0 (Turn on AutoPowerOff)

Yes, there IS a power on and off command, it's PS 0 and PS 1 (think the words "Power Supply").  Go ahead and try it yourself.  To turn on the radio, however, you must send PS 1 a few times as it wakes up from sleep mode, synchronizes with the serial port and then responds to the command.

AI is "Auto Information".  This will report the status of the radio when a button is pressed.  Usually it's current VFO frequency, tone, and other basic information.

TOT is Time-Out-Timer which is not auto power off, it's the timer that shuts off the transmitter after operating for an extended period of time.  It does not affect the automatic power off.

Automatic Power Off (APO) can not be changed.  It is permanently set to 3 hours (says so in the manual on page 70).