[aprssig] TMD700A APRS Sats for Field Day

Randy Allen ka0azs at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 22 13:34:16 EDT 2008

Watching the Satellite setup on the D700 group thread got me thinking,

Is there anything out there that specifically deals with use of APRS
through satellites for field day?

I'm running an APRS station despite the loss of the bonus points, at the
request of the Field Day Chairman for our club.  So I might as well try
to do something to help the point issue.

If I read the rules right, there's nothing that specifies that satellite
contacts have to be by voice (they mention FM sats, but not mode). So
I'm assuming that a message exchange with the proper FD info would count
as a QSO.

Anybody got any hints? (I've read Bob's page)

What APRS sats are going to be operational over the US this coming
weekend? (I've got some sat tracking software, but I've lost track what
is operational on APRS).

Have I missed a thread concerning this years FD?

Or do I have this totally wrong and not worth the effort?

73
--
Randy Allen, KAØAZS