[aprssig] Ham uses for a 1.2m Ku-band dish?

Dave Baxter Dave at emv.co.uk
Thu Jun 19 03:41:38 EDT 2008

Just use a WiFi Access point on the back of the dish (hub mount) and
extend it's antenna cable to where it's needed at the focus with
"whatever" antenna takes your fancy.   The AP itself could be powered
via the CAT5 cable with POE kit too.   All of that available for low
cost on a well known web based auction site on a browser near you, if
you look....

Posibly even more fun, put a microphone at it's focus, listen to what
that "hears" as you move it about, you'll be suprised (if not scared!)
how well that works...  ;-)

Other than that, satelite TV (satellite anything for that matter)
Microwave contests, etc and so forth....

Dave G0WBX

This mail has been scanned by Palmer Cook Computer Services Limited.  www.palmercook.co.uk