[aprssig] Balloons SR0FLY / SR0FLY-11

Cap Pennell cap at cruzio.com
Sun Jun 15 12:53:30 EDT 2008

We see those tracks despite the bad digipaths.

SR0FLY>APOTC1,WIDE1-1,WDE2-2
SR0FLY-11>APT311,WIDE1-1,WDE2-2

Flyboys can use the evidence from these flights too (all practice is good
practice), review aeronautical digipath recommendations, and more
realistically analyze _their_ actual needs for our shared and limited VHF
airtime.

Fun!  And balloons won't be a _relatively_ significant problem because the
flights are not of long duration.  The bigger VHF network problem is still
all the terrestrial stations that routinely use too broad digipaths and
transmit too frequently.

Conservative routine VHF digipath and transmission interval settings are
friendly settings.  Have you checked your station's digipath settings today?
I hope you're not using WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 routinely.
73, Cap KE6AFE

1ed0a8f5f763388

SR0FLY-11
http://www.openaprs.net/engine/load/00b934c20b7c3925a44ef21b11b88446
http://www.openaprs.net/engine/google_earth/load/00b934c20b7c3925a44ef21b11b
88446

The tracks are limited to the last 200 positions and should show correct
altitude positioning in Google Earth.

73

Greg
N7NXS