[aprssig] aprssig Digest, Vol 48, Issue 11

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Thu Jun 12 12:40:02 EDT 2008

At 10:49 AM 6/11/2008, Tom Hayward wrote:
>I don't use UI-View because the maps require planning time. I need an
>APRS client for search and rescue. Maps need to be preloaded for most
>of the state.

         What you seem to be asking for is readily available, using
UI-View32 and Precision Mapping (version 5 or 7).  Works well, covers
the entire USA with street-level mapping, but unfortunately no topo
info.  You can probably come up with the Precision Mapping program
easily enough somewhere nearby.

         Here are three samples, I'll leave them up for a week or so
--  if you look at them, make sure you look at them full-size, the
smaller version that Photobucket initially puts up is a bit "grainy".

         <http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/elsie1/uiview/Amarillo.jpg>

         <http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/elsie1/uiview/kc5cgt-4.jpg>

         <http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/elsie1/uiview/usa.jpg>

         7 3