[aprssig] aprssig Digest, Vol 48, Issue 11

Rich Garcia k4gpsc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 21:05:34 EDT 2008

I don't normally check e-mails that have the digest line in the subject but
I just did on a whim.

Some may not be aware but if you have no internet connection and out of
radio range this router is really "killer" for the home, mobile or Incident
Command.

http://3gstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=610

You can connect a USB Air Card or various tethered phones and establish
either a WiFi connection or have a LAN port feeding a switch. I use both
features. The router mounted in the back of the truck with an outdoor
antenna is out of the way but floods the car and any restaurant while I am
on the road traveling with a good internet connection.

At home I live in a very rural area with no cable or DSL, I have a poor view
of the Southern sky and would not even think of Hughes or WildBlue even if I
had a good view. I have it mounted on the 3rd floor of the house with a
small antenna outside of the window connected to my USB AirCard and it feeds
a CAT5 connection back to the basement where I have a 24 port switch.

Cradle Point has come out with several other router versions since I
purchased the 350 but it does the job, some of the new versions may have
other more advanced features.

Rich
Hurricane Ranch
Sharon SC