[aprssig] New Open Source APRS Client Project

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Tue Jun 10 15:01:06 EDT 2008

> As for Jason, kudos to you for working on more applications and opening
> them up for others to use and build on.  It is too bad that people like
> Brian have to be so critical of your efforts..  Too much of that crap on
> this list makes me think the APRS projects I'm working on currently
> should be kept private.

I'm pretty off-topic at this point, but I personally love criticism. I
don't take it personally and will take all opinions about my project.
Some of the opinions suck, but at least I have a few other viewpoints
to weigh into my decisions.

If you want to build an application in a depreciated language, just
beware. Go ahead and write it if you want, just beware that it may not
work in future versions of Windows, decreasing the value of your
efforts.

It is also mildly disappointing that I won't be able to play with this
app (my OSs are all OS X or Linux), but we are blessed with Xastir,
where Windows has been lacking in a good APRS app.

Please take this all as constructive criticism. It is your choice what
language to use.

73

Tom KD7LXL