[aprssig] Time to UPGRADE obsolete DIGIS!

Jan T. Pharo la2bba at jpharo.net
Sun Jun 8 09:32:24 EDT 2008

"Hans Johnson" <hans.johnson at gmail.com>, Sun, 8 Jun 2008 08:55:02
-0400

>Except that in Canada,  at least in the Greater Vancouver area, we have also switched to WIDEn-N. This greatly simplifies things, and allows the networks on both sides of the border to compliment each other, and provide continuous coverage.

Yes, OK. I just wanted to make a very small point of the differences
in border-crossing between friendly nations... it's very OK that you
have a common understanding of how the APRS network should be
configured. Our radio signals pass the borders, so the networks should
rather cooperate.
The distance across the Atlantic is to long for VHF signals, though.
We can easly live with TRACEable packets behind the word TRACEn-N on
one shore of the Atlantic, and traceable packets behind the word
WIDEn-N on the other shore.

--
73 de Jan, LA2BBA
Hvaler, Norway