[aprssig] OT: Windows XP Service Pack 3

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sat Jun 7 00:51:59 EDT 2008

Rusty WB4BSD wrote...

> has anyone upgraded to service pack 3 yet?
> and if so has anyone had any major problems?
> Here, this will put it back on topic: Has service pack 3 adversely
> affected any of the APRS programs?

I've had it on at least one machine for a while now. I'm not aware of any
problems with terminal programs, otwincfg.exe, UI-View32 etc. I did have
some intermittent connectivity problems about a week ago, but had no
reason to suspect SP3. I wouldn't have even known about any potentia
 problems except a friend emailed me a warning about it... long after it
was installed. I just installed it on my UI-View / IGate machine and it
booted up OK after SP3 was installed and is running UI-View with no
apparent problems... yet.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH