[aprssig] Time to UPGRADE obsolete DIGIS!

Jan T. Pharo la2bba at jpharo.net
Fri Jun 6 15:49:28 EDT 2008

Gerhard <f5vag.eu at gmail.com>, Fri, 6 Jun 2008 20:06:37 +0200

>Jan,
>
>I'm not sure what you mean.

I mean that the list contains stations from several continents (as far
as I can remember the OP), so it's kind of unfair to measure the whole
world after the "new US paradigm".
Not everywhere is suffering from the traffic like in NE US and in
southern California.
I am all for a standardization, but the US way isn't necessarily the
best way (some might say that in some issues, "necessarily" would be
one word too much there).
Denmark's amateur radio association EDR is proposing a Region 1
standard; it is obviously to be discussed in a regional meeting this
autumn.

>My relevant page could need
>a reference in one (or more) of the Scandinavian languages:

OK; I can take a look :-)

>http://f5vag.eu/new_paradigm.html
>
>I had actually started with the reference collection for Europe
>and then someone from the other side of the globe asked
>me to also show VK/ZL references.

fb!

--
73 de Jan, LA2BBA