[aprssig] aprsd replacements

Gregg Wonderly gregg at wonderly.org
Mon Jun 2 16:38:30 EDT 2008

Michael Conrad wrote:
> Sorry for promotion, but I think using a classical programming language, I had never reached this
> point, still looking for memory leaks inside of hacked piece of software and the same problems
> like the aprsd project.
>
> More information about APRS4R can be found on our website http://www.aprs4r.org, but the english
> part is not up to date at this time. Feel free to participate, the software is open source and
> licensed under GPLv2.

Now that Java is open source, it's another choice for those wanting such
"labels".  It is a great language to use for many different sizes of
applications.  The support of Ruby and Java in the Netbeans IDE makes it
possible to switch back and forth and use both through the support of JRuby
which runs ruby code inside of Java applications.

> PS: I'am able to write C/C++ programs, but I do not want to do this.

Amen

Gregg Wonderly
W5GGW