[aprssig] AX25 Protocol group (Jack Chomley

Phillip zl2tze at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jun 2 16:14:39 EDT 2008

Hi Jack,
                I think you should re read what I sent,

It appears that Barry  VK2AAB who is a WIA Federal Councillor for the VK2
area
may know more about this . I have asked him for more information.

From what I can gather from his message is, that this appears to be a for
gone conclusion
and that these changes are going to happen some time .

This will impact on every application that uses the ax25 protocol  if I am
not
mistaken.

Does this impact on the APRS spec and those that produce
firmware for trackers etc.

Remembering that there are over 5000 Kenwood D7 series
aprs capable radios that probably can't be upgraded

UI-View will not be able to be upgraded

Every TNC will need to be upgraded .

I hope someone can answer this

73 Phillip
ZL2TZE

   10.) Re: AX25 Protocol group (Jack Chomley
  Message: 10