[aprssig] qA? Questions

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Mon Jun 2 09:46:06 EDT 2008

As I indicated earlier, the older version of the q algorithm has qAo and qAO to simply mean "filtered" port, not non-IGate-capable.  There is nothing wrong with the change from qAR to qAo being done by first.aprs.net per the original q algorithm.

Also, "no filter setup" means that you have not -added- any extra packets to be seen.  Server "filters" are additive.  Therefore, you are connecting with the most stringent filter possible - only messages for your login or for stations gated to APRS-IS by your client are passed from the server to your client.  http://www.aprs-is.net/javAPRSFilter.aspx for filter reference.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net