[aprssig] qA? Questions

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Mon Jun 2 06:44:56 EDT 2008

Per http://www.aprs-is.net/q.aspx qAO represents a packet with the source call not matching the login and the client is logged into a client-only port (not an IGate port).  Older server software sometimes would show this on an IGate-capable port, as well.

qAo is the same as qAO except that the logged in client had put an indicator in the path showing the packet has been gated from RF.

qAX indicates that your APRSPoint is not registered and therefore cannot be used as an IGate.  qAC indicates that the client software is registered.  qAX and qAC are not used on gated packets, only on packets inserted directly by the client (like posit, status, and message packets originated from the logged-in client).

The only q code to be created/used by client software is qAR to indicate a packet is gated from RF to APRS-IS.  All other q codes are generated by the server software.

javAPRSSrvr is used by the majority of server sysops and is actively maintained.  It has a fully functional and compliant IGate which restricts its gating to RF based on digi hops.  You can find more information on it at http://www.aprs-is.net/javAPRSSrvr and you can find APRS-IS specifications for your own project at http://www.aprs-is.net

Hope this helps.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net