[aprssig] Received my first Emergency Beacon Today

Joseph M. Durnal joseph.durnal at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 19:10:39 EDT 2008

Boy, the TM-D700 sure goes nuts.  I guess that is the point.

KC7EKU-1>381R7T,WD4HDL-1,WIDE1*,N3KTX-2,WIDE2*:'ia7l
k/]=

It turns out that everything was all right - but it seems that some
serious weather had taken down trees on US 301 near US 17.

It was nice to see several hams respond.  I was a bit to far away to
do any good.  I did send a message with a voice repeater that that
station may be able to reach that I could too.

This can be tough with a D710, but when an emergency beacon is sent -
it would be best if it was followed by a BLN or an updated status text
with some additional information.  Also, an all clear BLN or other
status would let us know when the situation has returned to normal, or
at least if no further assistance is needed.

73 de Joseph Durnal NE3R