[aprssig] APRS Voice Alert Explained, in short

Randy Allen ka0azs at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 31 20:34:56 EDT 2008

On my D700 and D7 my way of dealing with what, if any packets I hear on
144.39, and not messing with menus to turn tone off/on, is to have 3
adjacent memory channels programmed to that frequency.

1 with no tone (if I want to hear everything for diagnostics, etc)

1 with with 100Hz CT (voice alert)

1 with a non-100Hz ct to block pretty much everything out from audio.

I simply have to tune up or down a Memory channel or 2 to get the
desired level of audio packets for the situation.

I don't have a D710, but from what I've seen that should work for it as
well.

73

   That is one disadvantage to the D710, it isn't as

--
Randy Allen, KAØAZS