[aprssig] YOTREPS and AIS

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Thu Jul 31 12:29:25 EDT 2008

 > What we have always needed in this case is something that powers
 > up the HF rig only to send the APRS posit, and then powers back
 > down.  The TX power even at 100 watts is quite insignificant to

The OT2m has a built-in solid state relay that's rated at 30 amps,
though I wouldn't push it that far for very long.  I know it's been
successfully used with the TS-2000 at 100 watts.  It'll transmit at 300
baud and the code is out there for PSK31, though I don't think anyone's
using it.  But you're right, the big problem is frequency stability.

Scott
N1VG