[aprssig] PIC processor for APRS info for D-STAR mobiles?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jul 30 12:35:30 EDT 2008

* Jeff, KB2M has connected his D710 APRS display head
* to his 2820 ICOM DSTAR radio just by plugging it into
* the external DIN audio jack.   Its plug-n-play!

See his photo about 25% down my web page:
http://www.aprs.org/DSTARdisplay.html

Issues he is still working is how to get the 2820 configured to
transmit the RC-D710 TX audio and he still has to split his GPS
data to both the RC-D710 and 2820 at the same time.

But for $199, using the RC-D710 detachable Display Head is a
great way to get any radio onto APRS and give the mobile
operator a full view into  the surrounding APRS situational
awareness.  If anyone else is working these details, let us
know.

Bob, WB4APR