[aprssig] Economical APRS

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Jul 28 13:24:07 EDT 2008

Most of the traditional TNCs aren't that great as APRS trackers anyway.
  You're still better off with a dedicated tracker.  I sell the
OpenTracker+ assembled for $46 or as a kit for $32.  Byonics sells the
TinyTrak3+ for $47 assembled and $38 as a kit.  The OpenTracker+ is
closer in functionality to the TinyTrak4, which is $65 as a kit.  My
Tracker2 does considerably more than that for $95 assembled, but the
enclosure manufacturer screwed up on one of the metal pieces and I'm out
of stock for at least a few more days.

Kits are still the cheapest way to get into it if they can tolerate some
soldering.  For 10 units, the price of the OT1+ kit drops to $25, so
it's a good deal for club buys.

https://www.argentdata.com/products/otplus.html

Scott
N1VG