[aprssig] D-710 TOCALL

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 21 12:49:25 EDT 2008

I just asked that question because a new 710 owner couldn't find it (UNPROTOCOL parameter as in the D700) in the menus:

On Jul 5, 2008, at 9:37 AM, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> Its APK102, but that only shows up in messages, so we added a
> "=" on the end of the D710 mie-e packets to be able to
> distinguish the D710 from other D700's.  So look for peoples
> D700 text that ends in "=" ...

Also, RE:
>  (and the Yaesu VX-8, presumably, might be APK002).

  I think  API001.  Third letter indicates manufacturer, no?

Guessing from what is seen so far:  APy00x  is handheld and APy10x is mobile, where "y" is manuf and "x" is just a sequence number.

D7 1st Kenwood HT, so APK001
D700 1st Kenwood mobile so APK101
D710 2nd Kenwood mobile so APK102
The D7 replacement should be APK002