[aprssig] RFID antennas

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at ai4px.com
Sun Jul 20 17:22:04 EDT 2008

Why not use those little 433mhz data transmitters?  They are $10 each,
right?  They have limited range, right?  Hook to a 16f84 for $6.  Seems that
any PCB shop could make the PCB that held the ceramic resonator, 16f84 and
the 433mhz transmitter in groups of 5 to 10 and we'd cut them apart at
home.  In other words, you'd order them 10 at a time from a place like
pcbexpress.com   If I were doing this (and I may), I'd use SMT so there were
no pricklers sticking thru the board... would make a nice name tag to pin on
your shirt.  It would run off coin cells so it would be flat.  TX would be
randomized since there's no receiver on the badges.  Maybe a push button for
forcing a squawk.

Wes

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Bob Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:

> > "The Texas Instrument HF Antenna Cookbook."
> > The designs are for RFID at 13.56 MHz.
>
> I seriously want to see the ARRL/Ham radio invest in RFID for ham radio
> ops.  Embed the chip in the ARRL name tag.
> Then we can have gateways to APRS...
>
> Put one at each venu or checkpoint or clubhouse, or whatever.
> Range should be about 100 feet...
>
> Bob,WB4APR

Wes
---
Where there's silence, there is no Hope.