[aprssig] Filezilla help?

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Fri Jul 18 00:29:17 EDT 2008

Robert Bruninga wrote:
> Help! Grrr....
>
> Im trying to use FileZIlla to transfer files to the new APRS.ORG
> site, but a few .html and some .txt files simply fail every
> single time..  It is impossible to transfer them..  I have
> changed their name. changed them to .bin, .exe, .jpg, but they
> simply fail every time.  The other 500 files so far have gone
> fine.

Why hassle with this clumsy FTP client at all?   The freebie plug-in for
the Firefox browser,   FireFTP , does everything you need without a
hassle.   If you aren't yet using it, get Firefox at:

     <http://getfirefox.com>

After installing it, start it up and go to:

     <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/684>

which will offer to download FireFTP and install it on-the-fly.

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

NEW!   World Digipeater Map
  http://wa8lmf.net/APRSmaps