[aprssig] PIC processor for APRS info for D-STAR mobiles?

Pierre Thibaudeau ve2prt at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 8 10:33:37 EDT 2008

Today, 09:41 -0400, Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:

>    So since the icoms already have a way to send GPS data upward toward the
>    repeater, just what does the data that is send look like?  Is the sending
>    station's call prepended on the front of the GPS data?
>
>    Could someone post a copy of the recieved data with a GPS position in it?

Here in GPS mode:

   $GPGGA,101019,4527.315,N,7335.263,W,1,3,0,27,M,0,M,,*46
   VE2PRT 3,BN  VIA D-RATS*47

The above is translated at the receiving end to be fed to APRS-IS as
follows:

   VE2PRT-3>APDPRS,DSTAR*,qAR,VA2RKA-B:!4527.32N/07335.26W- VIA D-RATS/A=000089

In GPS mode, there is option to send $GPGGA and/or $GPRMC. Sending both
will provide both altitude, speed and course.

and here in GPS A mode:

   $$CRC7647,VE2PRT-3>APRATS,DSTAR*:@141113h4527.32N/07335.26W-ve2prt at sympatico.ca

After validation, the CRC is removed and the string is passed as is
starting to APRS-IS.

When I mention "APRS-IS", it can be some remote server to redistribute
over the Internet and/or a local server to feed local APRS clients
(Xastir, UI-View, etc).

'73 - Pierre
__

Pierre Thibaudeau