[aprssig] D7 Question - Mechanical

gerheim at cox.net gerheim at cox.net
Thu Jan 31 07:24:30 EST 2008

You guys know more about D7's than anyone...

How about the rubber cover for the power connector?  I replaced it once, but the replacement broke also.  Is there a standard fix for this?

I'm reluctant to replace it again, as the first replacement was a bit traumatic.  I had to pull it through (HARD!) with a pair of needle-nose pliers after putting some soap on it to make it slip.

Did they upgrade the material?
Did the soap contribute to the failure of the second cover?
Could I use silicone grease instead of soap?

I used just a dab of soap...

--
-Al Gerheim, K1QN

HP-49G+ Software Page: