[aprssig] The final word: W0APR

Jim Duncan jdbandman at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 30 00:02:26 EST 2008

Having previously posted a notice to this group I wanted to make a final
follow-up to the status of the fraudulent application filing in which an
attempt was made to take over the KC APRS Working Group's club station
license, W0APR, by unauthorized persons.

Today I received a telephone call from Terry Fishel of W.T.B. I am
pleased to report to you that F.C.C. has set aside the application for
license and grant to the wrongful applicant effective January 25, 2008,
and have restored the W0APR license to it's rightful licensees, the KC
APRS Working Group.

KCAWG filed a complaint with F.C.C. requesting a review of the license
grant in which we show that neither the applicant nor his co-signer (a
13-year-old amateur) were members or officers of, nor were they acting
upon the authority or appointment of any of the legitimate officers of
KCAWG.

The applicant has been sent a certified letter advising that the
automatic grant has been set aside. A true copy of the letter is now
available on the F.C.C. ULS system for anyone who wishes to review it.

We are expecting to hear further from the Commission on what action(s),
if any, it will take with regard to the applicant and the co-signer.
Similar case determinations in the past two years, however, have
resulted in the applicants licenses being revoked.

The bottom line: F.C.C. relies upon the honesty of applicants and does
not hesitate to take action when there are questions regarding whether
or not statements made on an application are truthful.

We appreciate the Commission's swift action in this matter as well as
the personal attention afforded us by Mr. Hollingsworth and Mr. Fishel.
--
Jim Duncan, KU0G
President/Chairman