[aprssig] TAPR deviation meter question

Alan P. Biddle APBIDDLE at UNITED.NET
Tue Jan 29 12:53:36 EST 2008

Hi,

A ham working on an APRS application, so this is tenuously on topic, has an
old TAPR deviation meter, using the RS PRO-59 scanner.  He sent me the
following question:

Question, is the TAPR device really connected to the discriminator or
after a de-emphasis network.  I cannot find a
PRO-59 schematic anywhere, at least so far.  The TAPR instructions
tell where to connect it on the board.  Looks sort of like a discriminator.

My recollection is that he is right, and there is no twist imposed by the
PRO-59 to the tone amplitudes measured.  Anyone remember back that far?

73s,

Alan
WA4SCA