[aprssig] New SiRFstar III GPS receivers

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Jan 28 21:34:22 EST 2008

I finally got my new GPS receivers in - custom SiRFstar III units wired
for direct connection to an OpenTracker+, Tracker2, or any other tracker
that provides 5 volt power on pin 4.

These come straight from the manufacturer in Taiwan, and I got a LOT of
them, so I've got plenty of stock (not to mention a reliable source with
predictable lead times for future orders) and I think the price beats
any other APRS-ready receiver out there.

They're waterproof (IPX7) and have the usual magnetic base, plus a
suction cup.  (Don't get caught using that on your dash in California,
though.)  Price is $53 each for one, $49 each for 5.  The product page
is here:

https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=85

Sorry, balloonatics - max altitude is 18,000 meters.  Warranty is 1 year.

I also want to say THANK YOU to everyone who's supported my store!  Your
patronage is what lets me offer new products like this, with the volume
to keep prices low.  Coming soon, I've got inexpensive USB/serial
adapters, and maybe some weather sensors - still working on that one,
though.

Thanks and 73!

Scott
N1VG