[aprssig] info for TM-D710E in car

Rich Garcia k4gpsc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 20:07:27 EST 2008

  I still have not been able to find the ad in QST for the product that I
have seen which WILL resolve the issue but it seems that there are two more
out there. I have been reading the thread and all are good suggestions but I
think we are digressing here. Our Italian brothers just stated they have a
reset problem, we can redesign the entire car and fix the problem or find a
suitable much more affordable fix that will resolve the issue for them if it
is not a simple old battery or corroded terminal.

  http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-4416

  This one may no longer be in production but I believe it is the original
one originally written up as a build article in QST over the past 2-3 years.
  http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/3404

  Again if you really need one there is one that has been for sale in QST
for several years, it is in a black housing that has mounting points for
under dash mount. Look in the past year's worth of QST for a small yellow
advertisement with a photo of the product. I would continue looking but we
just moved and
  I can't find right now my older copies of QST.

  Rich