[aprssig] info for TM-D710E in car

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jan 23 11:13:52 EST 2008

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008, Dave Baxter wrote:

> The following device IS the solution to the problem stated by IK1AQI and
> IZ1CQY :
> 	            http://www.aprsworld.com/apo3/
>
> Nope, that is NOT the solution to the radio loosing it's settings and
> not updating it's postion data from the GPS, after a power dip during
> engine cranking.

It won't fix the problem after it occurs, but it could prevent it
from happening in a lot of cases.  The radio doesn't get power until
a few seconds after the engine starts and the power buss comes up to
voltage.

Perhaps it won't work (for undervoltage while starting) if you are
turning off the engine for only a short time and then starting
again:  The APO3 might not have turned off yet due to time or
voltage.  I run an APO2 in my Jeep which keeps power to my radio
until the voltage goes below a preset level, which can be 20 minutes
or more.  I don't know if the APO3 is identical in it's operation to
the APO2.  Someone with an APO3 might comment on that.