[aprssig] Traffic on APRS GPS display

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Jan 20 15:42:18 EST 2008

We could diplay traffic and other stuff on the display of an attached GPS...

The AVMAP GPS has the ability to display traffic congestion info from an external source.  It just plugs into the same serial port we use for plugging it into the D7, D700 or HAMHUD.  Does anyone have that service?

If they can do it, why can't we?  We could send over serial information of our choosing to show up on the map in addition to our current display of other APRS statiOns as waypoints.

Its a serial port.  SHould be easy to send over stuff and a fun project.  What kind of data would be useful to send over for display?  DO othere GPS units support these kinds of external inputs that we could exploit.

Bob, Wb4apr