[aprssig] Macbook for radio ?

Len N9IJ n9ij at comcast.net
Sun Jan 20 13:09:25 EST 2008

I am getting into using my MacBook with ham radio but there is not a lot
of cost effective ham software out there for OSX. Dog Park has some neat
stuff but I cannot afford them.

I have installed VMWare Fusion and Windows XP in the laptop and am now
trying to get the USB<>Serial adapters to work with Logic8, MixW, and
whatever from vortual windows. I intend to also install DOS and Linux so
I con use whatever I wish from those venues after I get proficient with
what I have now.

I did get TH-D7-APRS-X running but haven't been so fortunate with
Packet-o-Graph from the same author. It uses KISS and maybe the D7's
Tasco TNC does not. If only there was an AGWPE clone for OCX!

Andrew Rich wrote:
> Anyone using a macbook for ham radio apps ?
>
> I have seen a few floating around work

> Andrew Rich VK4TEC
> vk4tec at people.net.au <mailto:vk4tec at people.net.au>
> http://www.tech-software.net <http://www.tech-software.net/>